re, retiring Arcia on a called third strike. Scherzer stru

Sucht Freunde und Mitspieler, tauscht Eure Spielerlebnisse aus oder redet einfach über Gott und die Welt.

Moderatoren: jooonas, g3n35i5

re, retiring Arcia on a called third strike. Scherzer stru

Beitragvon sakura698 » 15 Nov 2019, 02:22

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers will honour the most successful head coach in Bomber history when they unveil a bronze statue of "Bud" Grant outside of Investors Group Field this October. Randy Johnson Mariners Jersey . Grant coached the Bombers for a decade, from 1957 until 1966, winning four Grey Cups in that time and one CFL Coach of the Year award, before heading south to coach the NFLs Minnesota Vikings. He is the third winningest coach in all of professional football with 290 wins in the NFL and CFL combined; he is a CFL Hall of Famer and a Pro Football Hall of Famer. "The statue of Bud Grant not only honours a man who made a tremendous impact on our Football Club during his time here, but it also symbolizes the many dedicated, talented men who have coached and played for this team over the years," said Blue Bombers President and CEO Wade Miller. The Bud Grant statue will be erected outside the Bomber Store at the southwest corner of Investors Group Field, just off Ken Ploen Way. "I certainly am unexpectedly honoured by something like this. After so many years, its quite a tribute, and I look forward to being there," said Grant, reached at his office in Minnesota. The six-foot tall, bronze statue will sit on a three-foot base with an inscription detailing Grants accomplishments in football. Grant first played "Offensive End" for the Blue Bombers from 1953-1956 before being hired by the team at the young age of 29 to be Head Coach. Prior to signing with the Bombers, he played one year for the Philadelphia Eagles of the NFL. At 86 years old, Grant still maintains an office with the Vikings in Minnesota. Omar Vizquel Jersey . They say things like "stress is when you dont know what youre doing" and "I wasnt hired to motivate players, I was hired to coach motivated players." They ring as true now as they did when Mularkey heard them the first time playing tight end for the Pittsburgh Steelers Hall of Fame coach 25 years ago. Kevin Mitchell Jersey . The person, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of the search, confirmed reports by several media outlets. The interview took place in Southern California on Monday. https://www.cheapmariners.com/465k-alex-rodriguez-jersey-mariners.html . The Wild, playing their first game since leading scorer Mikko Koivu broke his ankle Saturday at Washington, have won three straight for the first time since Nov. 1-5. Koivu underwent surgery on Monday and is expected to miss at least four weeks.MINNEAPOLIS -- That large early lead was long gone for the Detroit Tigers. They saw Kansas Citys comeback slowly unfolding on the out-of-town scoreboard. No sweat. One big swing by Torii Hunter eased the pennant-race tension. Hunter and Miguel Cabrera hit back-to-back home runs in the ninth inning to help the Tigers tighten their grip on the American League Central by winning their fourth straight game, 8-6 over the Minnesota Twins on Monday night. "Miggy didnt want me to have fun and celebrate too much. Before I could even get my elbow guard and my toe guard off, he hit one," Hunter said. "But all in all, it was a battle. Great win. Great game." The Tigers began the second-to-last week of the regular season with a lead of 1 1-2 games over the Royals, who rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat Chicago 4-3. The Tigers have 12 games remaining, and the Royals have 13 left. They play this weekend in Kansas City. The Tigers, who will face the last-place Twins six more times, lost a 6-0 lead they built by the fifth. But after Joe Mauers second two-run single tied the game for the Twins in the eighth inning, Hunter hit the first pitch of the ninth from Casey Fien (5-6) into the bullpen behind left-centre field. Cabrera then crushed one to the same spot two pitches later. "They know Im going to come in and attack," Fien said, "and it backfired on me." Max Scherzers 17th victory vanished when the bullpen stumbled, but just a few minutes later he was shouting in celebration in the clubhouse. "When T blasts one out there to left to give us the lead back, that gives us all the momentum. Were going to win this game," Scherzer said. "And obviously Miggy, well, thats Miggy." Kyle Ryan (2-0) earned the victory by getting pinch-hitter Eduardo Nunez to ground into a double play to end the eighth, and Joakim Soria converted his first save opportunity since being acquired by the Tigers despite allowing a leadoff double. Regular closer Joe Nathan had the night off to rest. "Id rather get a lead and hold it, but that wasnt in the cards tonight,," Ausmus said. Dave Niehaus Jersey. "We saw that Kansas City was working its way back. We certainly wouldve loved it if Chicago could hold on, but weve got to keep our house in order." The Tigers had 16 hits, with three each by Cabrera, Andrew Romine and J.D. Martinez. Romines two-run single in the fourth, and Martinezs RBI single in the first were two of 11 hits against Twins starter Anthony Swarzak, who didnt finish the fifth inning. Scherzer breezed through 13 batters, surrendering just one single, but Oswaldo Arcia hit a towering home run in the fifth inning to get the Twins going. Mauer smacked a two-run single up the middle that zoomed past Scherzer in the sixth. Trevor Plouffe added a sacrifice fly to cut the lead to 6-4. Last years AL Cy Young Award winner stopped the rally there, retiring Arcia on a called third strike. Scherzer struck out five in seven innings. Joba Chamberlain then walked two batters to start the eighth, and Danny Santana and Brian Dozier executed a double steal against Phil Coke. Mauer, after fouling off three full-count pitches, sliced a single into left field to drive in both runners and reach 50 RBIs for the season. The announced crowd of 19,700 was the smallest to see the Twins since Target Field opened in 2010. TRAINERS ROOM The Tigers held catcher Alex Avila out as a precaution after pulling him from the game on Sunday afternoon because he felt light-headed. Avila has a concussion history, but manager Brad Ausmus said Avila felt fine by night and again in the morning. He could play on Tuesday. Twins right-hander Tommy Milone had an MRI test on his stiff neck that revealed inflammation but no structural damage. General manager Terry Ryan said there is still a possibility Milone will pitch again this season. UP NEXT Rick Porcello (15-11, 3.23 ERA) pitches Tuesday for the Tigers, looking to snap a three-start losing streak. The Tigers have scored a total of four runs over those three previous turns. For the Twins, Ricky Nolasco (5-11, 5.64 ERA) will take the mound. He is winless in his last seven starts. ' ' '
sakura698

Zurück zu Plauderecke

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php